Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hello from Richfield!

Hey everyone!

Wow, it has been a busy week and a little bit. :)

I had to say good-bye to all the wonderful people from the MTC this
week and that was hard. I really grew to love these people (especially those in my district) and it was very bitter-sweet to say goodbye.However, I am luckily enough to be able to serve close to my dear companion Sis. Kirby. In fact were are serving in the same town, Richfield. My new companion is Sister Malphrus and I love her already. But yeah, we actually just switched companions. Sister Brown is now serving with Sis. Kirby. I hope that that made sense. :)

The wonderful thing about Utah, I have learned, is that missionaries
get free food. It is so nice! But yeah. During certain day, some
restaurants allow us to eat for free so go Utah!

So much has happened, I do not have time to write it all! We got to
here Elder Anderson speak on Tuesday, which was also his birthday so we sang happy birthday to him. That was amazing to hear him speak. I got to spend most of Wednesday hanging out in the visitor Center and that was really cool. The St. George temple is AMAZING! Sis. Malphrus and I got to dish the ice cream for ice cream eating contest at the fair, so that was funny. I am half convinced that all of Richfield is actually members pretending to give me practice because Sis.Malphrus has lined up members to pretend and be investigators to give me practice and they usually end up with doors getting slammed in my face. :) I know that there are still at least two more out there....
Our senior couple did it to me and Elder Johnson just started
screaming CULT! In my face as soon as I mentioned the church. That was actually really funny because he looked the part. :) But it has been great! I am doing well and Sis. Malphrus has bee really patient with me. We will see how next week turns out...

I am staying in a members home (the Chappells) and they have a
reaaaally nice house. We have an in-home theater that we cannot use. :)

We have been teaching several people. I love them and if I had more
time I would tell you more about them. They are wonderful people. We did have to drop Max... He thinks we are a cult. That is kind of funny story, but we have no time... :(

OH! I remembered what I wanted to say. It is so true that Utah and
Wyoming/Montana just trade missionaries because I have meet several people who have sons/daughters serving in the Billings, MT mission so yeah. That has been fun.

Anyway, I am out of time... But I love you all and miss you all!!
-Sister Waite
Or as the other wonderful Sister Waite thought of:

Sister Waite-a-second

No comments:

Post a Comment