Monday, September 18, 2017

9/18/2017

Hey Everyone!!

This week has been a blast. We had to make the trip down to St. George
for a meeting and I got to see lots of people I haven't seen in
forever because I am in the boonies and not a visitor center sister.
It was great!

We also had interviews with President Smith, which is always good. He
pretty much told me that I was going to stay in Cedar West next
transfer which I am perfectly fine with. I am probably getting a new
companion however which I am not so happy about. Sister Taylor is an
amazing missionary and we have had a blast together! I guess we will
just enjoy the next few weeks that we have with each other.

Tuesday was a busy day for us! We taught 6 lessons! It was great. We
taught Dan and Susie Lopez and we asked them if they wanted to be
baptized...but they don't and in fact they don't want to meet with us
again. But that is alright because we planted some good seeds and the
next missionaries who came along will help them further along the path
toward baptism.

Troy is also progressing! He is still set for baptism on the 23rd so
we are super excited about that. He is an amazing young man with a lot
of potential and deep thoughts. We asked him the other day why he
wanted to be baptized his answer was that he didn't want it to change
who he was, but the direction his life would go. I have never really
looked at it that way but it is so true! Baptism, and taking the
sacrament, does not change who we are, but it can change the direction
of our lives as we apply the covenants into our lives by doing small
and simple things.

At the end of this week we will be going to a meeting that will fully
explain the missionaries role in the temple open house and give us
some training. We are so excited for the temple!!! I can't put into
words how excited we are to be able to help out. Still don't fully
know what we will be doing but we got official flyers from the church
this week about times and such so that is a step in the right
direction.

Thanks so much for everything! I love you all!
-Sister Waite


No comments:

Post a Comment